LUD: Last update date: check status: input 485 Receipt no -on: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
you will be able to see the last action on a case.
You can also create a portfolio, save all your pending receipts under a username.
In case I do what you mention, what normally comes with a rejection? would the USCIS go further (beyond the simple denial), and rule that I was out status penalizing/prohibiting me to enter the country?
Should it be better if I just leave the country and wait for the approval outside the US? I guess Im prepared for a denial, what concerns me the most is jeopardizing B1-B2 Visa or as you said to be prohibited to enter the country.
Do you know the "standard" wording for USCIS decision in cases like mine?
Thanks a lot again, I really appreciate your comments.
What are the documents required for EAD application assuming that I-485 application is already filed?
At the time of applying for I-485, I didnot intend to apply for EAD.But after seeing a lot of application applied during July 2007, I realised that it may take years to get the Green card.So it is better to have a EAD in case if something happens to my job in the meantime.
To apply for EAD you need the following documents
1. I-131 EAD Application document
2. Copy of I-485 receipt notice
3. 2 colored passport pictures - recent
4. Cashiers cheque as stated in the form.
Send all this in and wait. You dont need an attorney to do this. This is really a simple procedure.
Read this thread, If you apply H1-H4 transfer it will be easy or go to india and get H4 there,
You must report all income earned while filing ur taxes
Please confirm with an immig attorney
FIRE YOUR LAWYER:D
you can apply for h1-b for 3 years after i-140 gets approved if you are from oversubscribed countries. in the cover letter to USCIS for the h1 extension, ask them to refer to rule #104 (or something) of USCIS which allows you to file the extension after six years.
do a google search on rule 104 or somebody else can help you out with this
My apologies upfront if I am posting this in the wrong thread.
I am currently working on an H1B which expires in Jan 08. My question is regarding H1B extension beyond the 6yr limit. Is it possible to get an extension for my H1B (7.5 yrs completed) even after having filed my I-485 (I was able to file 485 in July of this year)?
As per my lawyer, if for some reason, my EAD renewal next year is delayed or the new card not delivered on time, I will not be allowed to work though I will not be illegal. Keeping this in mind, and also after reading numerous posts online, I got my HR to give the nod for the H1 renewal. My lawyer replied today saying that we cannot get an H1 extension as my 485 is filed and 140 cleared.
I was under the impression that I would be allowed to get the H1B renewed for another year. What are the rules / regulations on this. If someone can pls update me.
My GC status is as follows
I-140 - approved
EAD - approved
AP - approved
FP - completed .
Having said, the only proper course of action is for you to go back to work for Company A after you obtain your GC.
If you would like to work for Company B after GC, you would have to file a change of employer right now (using AC21 provisions). Alternatively you may interfile the approved I-140 from employer B with your current application. You are entitled to keep the priority date on the I-140 of employer A so you should not be affected negatively.
If your lawyer is saying you could continue to work for employer B after GC without doing anything at this time, I would suggest you talk to another immigration attorney to hear a second opinion.
papu can you please add the link to that thread.
The message was IV template...
If you got EAD and AP. You must have filed a 485 also.
It would be really great to get clarification on this issue. Hope it's taken up by AILA in the immediate future like you indicated.
I'm not sure it will be taken up by AILA -- I was so surprised by the resistance I encountered when I asked a well known attorney with a blog (v. popular with IV members) to submit this question to the AILA committee which reviews topics for liason meetings, and it took several rounds of email and some very severe rhetoric from me to even get him to send it to the committee! I feel it is terrible that our self-professed advocates hesitate even to ASK a question, let alone propose specific reforms...
The deadline for submitting questions is Feb 15 -- so if you are interested, get in touch with your attorneys and send in the question. Maybe numbers will move them.
Need to know if some one has done with I-140 approved from two different company and still did the porting with the earliest priority dates.....
They usually initiate the name check process shortly after filing I-485.
Since yours was filed a year ago, then of course it would be very interesting to know your status regarding the damn name check, retrogression or not.
However, this info is not always easy to get. You might try several ways: call Customer service, make Infopass appointment...In the ultimate case, you will have to ask your Congressman to inquire for you...
I personaly e-mailed USCIS California Center (CSC-XII.email@example.com). What's really weird is that the first two times they responded within a week but the third time, when I "naively" asked if they could expedite that name check, the reply was an automated message:
"we no longer reply to e-mails, for all inquiries call Customer service bla bla bla..."!!!
I suppose I was just lucky the first times! The third time maybe they just got fed up with my "stupid" questions??!!:confused:
So, in your case, if the decision is Positive, then they can stay until the new I-94 date that USCIS gives them. However, if the decision is Negative, then they have 30 days from the date of the decision to leave the country without being deported.
Hope this helps...
If the extension is denied the person falls out of status immediately and the visa get voided.
Check this from Murthy Chat (answered by Attorney Murthy) --
MurthyDotCom : MurthyChat - Search Transcripts (http://www.murthy.com/chatdb.asp?sFor=extension&Category=visitusa&B1=Search)
Question: Our B-2 extension was denied and the denial letter was received after I-94 departure date. We have a 10-year multiple-entry visitors" visa. Should we apply for the visa again?
Answer: The B-2 visa stamp would remain valid if one departed prior to the receipt of the denial. If the person remained in the U.S., awaiting the decision, then s/he is out of status and unlawfully present as of the date of the extension denial. This would void the individual"s multiple-entry B-2 visitor"s visa in the passport, and require a new visa application at the U.S. consulate abroad in the person"s home country for the next trip to the U.S. This is under section 222(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If there was a timely departure prior to the decision, the individual attempting to return to the U.S. later, and wishing to use that B-2 stamp, needs to show maintenance of valid B-2 status in the U.S. and proof of departure before the denial decision by the USCIS, by submitting a copy of the airline ticket, boarding card, and other details at the time of all future entries into the U.S. in such a situation.Mar-15-2010.